Old February 13th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

Default OMG,What else can go wrong?

What a nightmare...but take heart...After Amanda (our then foster, now
permanent cat) gave birth, she and all four of her kittens got upper
respiratory tract infections. I had to dose each of them with antibiotics
and eye drops several times a day. They weren't exactly cooperative either,

Thank you. I do take heart from both this story and also Rhonda's
too. At least I know that we are getting the best possible care that
is available as well.
The kittens are now 11days old, which I suppose is my greatest worry.
I have had to hand rear a couple of kittens from day one, but both of
them were top up fed as well as mummy's milk, without the complication
of upper respiratory complications.
I have bottles and also syringes to make sure that we can @ least
ensure that they don't become dehydrated & make sure that they get
glucose if they are flagging a little bit. I suppose the biggest worry
is getting it wrong. it would be so easy to make a mistake and get it
down the trachea rather than the right passage i need to get it down.
I suppose I just need to follow my heart and have faith.
It is the responsibility of it all that weighs me down...& why worry
about something that has not happened yet too?
Purrs are wonderfully soothing, thanks from all the puss cats sending
them, including their slaves of course!!
S;o)

As a point of curiosity, has Lola phoned at all to check up on Lilly?

Purrs for all of your kitties for a speedy recovery.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Funny that you should mention that Cindy, we haven't heard a word from
them other than the bill of course and the remind to pay it in 14 days
too
S.x