Old December 17th 04, 11:10 AM
Phil P.

"tunic" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
i sent him for PU afterall..
the PU vet told me that it is almost certain that it will happen again,
even if he gets well now, so there's no point avoiding it
i am regretting it now but i hope it will turn out ok
thanks for all the information and the support..

At this stage, you didn't have much choice, not with repeated blockages.
Urinary tract obstructions are potentially fatal and there's always the risk
of not getting him to an emergency clinic in time -- not to mention the
stress and discomfort.

The only other suggestion I can make is keep his litterboxes immaculately
clean. The PU will turn him into an anatomical female but he will not have
the host defenses of a female. Infections can easily ascend to the
bladder - meaning literally, they crawl up from outside and have a shorter
distance to travel.

You did the right thing.

Best of luck.

Phil.