Old April 20th 05, 04:39 AM
Marina

-L. wrote:

Does anyone else here cook foods specially for your cats?

I give my older cats raw meat about every second day. Mere doesn't
recognize cat food - neither wet nor dry - as food, so she gets raw meat
every day. I only cook the seithe, but that's really just to thaw it
quicker. Raw meat is better, because cooking destroys the taurine. Of
course, you have to find very clean meat. If I give mine pork, I make
sure it's organic. I prefer giving them beef, because cows are treated
pretty well here in Finland. The few times I give them chicken or
turkey, I just poach it quickly to kill any salmonella, not that there
has been any salmonella in Finland for ages.

Then I supplement with vitamin pills (made for cats, they gobble them
down like treats) and I crush a kalcium tablet and mix it in some dairy
product like sour cream. Mere also gets some Nutri-plus gel now and
then. She's a bit of a worry to me, because she refuses to eat cat food,
and she's very small and skinny for her age (her brother is almost
double her size), but she seems alright, alert and playful.

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and introducing: Mere!