Old November 30th 13, 05:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhino[_3_]

Default Reducing dust from cat litter

I recently started using supermarket gravel litter for my two cats. They
made the switch from their old litter painlessly but I find that this
litter produces a fair amount of dust. I find the dust seems to stick in
my throat. I'm not having difficulty breathing and have no allergies
that I know about but I don't much LIKE the dust.

Is there anything inexpensive I can do to keep the amount of dust down?
Would spritzing the litter with water occasionally help or would it make
the litter unattractive to the cats?

Also, is there any likelihood that the dust will harm me if I just
ignore the dust and live with it? I'm not sure if you can answer that
without an ingredient list but I'm guessing that most gravel litter has
the same ingredients regardless of the brand.

--
Rhino

---