Old February 20th 12, 01:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marv

Default Store Brands?

I found more savings by just switching from Arm & Hammer litter to
cheaper Pet Pride, both for 'Multi-Cats.' Seems to clump just as well
and includes the "crystal deodorizers. I had tried a store brand a long
time ago without good results, but my current cats didn't seem to notice.

I also switched from cans of Friskies to the store brand (H.E.B.) for my
Sr. cat that had been more particular, but he eats just the same. Still
doesn't eat too much dry food (Cat Chow), while the younger one I just
'inherited' from a college student was raised on Friskies Indoor dry
food and won't touch the Cat Chow. So, when it's all gone won't buy any
more. Shesh!

And I quit any more vaccinations a few years ago since they never go
outdoors. Just have annual ck-up exams.

Neighbor's two outdoor cats share a can of moist food in the morning and
eat about a cup of dry food during the day.

Marv

On 2/19/2012 5:19 PM, jmcquown wrote:
Normally during the week Persia eats prescription dry kibble. But she
loves her Sunday Fancy Feast Lately I've been sneaking in the
store-brand version of FF. It's about 5 cents less per can. Even less if
it's on sale. I read labels and I can't discern any difference. Persia
doesn't seem to mind. She still prances around yelling at me while I
fill her bowl with gooshy food. LOL She eats it up. Do you buy store
brands as substitutes for FF?

Jill