Old January 16th 04, 02:44 AM
Cheryl

MaryL wrote in on 15 Jan 2004:

Incidentally,
I don't think there is a great deal of savings (at least in this
climate) if the temperature is altered drastically for the day because
then it takes more time to raise/lower the temperature to the
"desired" level after I return home.

That definately depends on the type of heating used. I have a heat pump
and live in the east where it gets cold in the winter. There is a huge
difference depending on if you're raising the temp, (winter) or lowering it
(summer) when you come home. It is most cost effective in the winter to
lower it, yet in the summer leave it where it is. Also, for those with heat
pumps it is good to remember that they are efficient when the temp outside
is around freezing, but if way below, to turn on the e-heat (or alt heat,
whatever your manufacturer designates it) and that type of heat is not
energy efficiant and you NEED to turn it down. Heat pumps can't convert
cold outdoor air to warm air if below a certain temp.

--
Cheryl

I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy.
Come here Squishy. Ow. Bad Squishy.
- Dori