Old September 14th 04, 02:05 PM
Rob

"Rene" wrote in message
om...
Just wanted to post an update on my overweight Tucker (under the post
of *sigh* Tucker's weight, again from a few weeks ago). I've been
talking with Megan, and switched him over to Wellness canned.
Convincing him to eat the canned after 6 years of dry has been slow
going, but he's coming around and learning that the food no longer
comes from a bucket or bag.

I weighed him for the first time last Saturday--he's lost 14 ounces!
Hooray! And the good news is he is not constantly hungry and meowing
for food!

I'll keep everyone updated on his progress. This is encouraging
because it's the first time he's _ever_ lost any weight.

Rene

how much canned are you feeding him? i have 3 fat cats, actually one really
fat, his brother on the way to fat, and one other thats slightly overweight.
is any food by wellness ok or is there a specific kind of wellness? where
do you get your wellness? is the idea behind wellness food getting the cats
to lose weight by putting them into ketosis? (ie, no carbs?)