Old February 26th 04, 06:03 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:43:28 -0500, "LynC" wrote:

"Yoj" wrote in message
link.net...
I suspect you'll get a lot of strong opinions on this, as I did when I
asked a similar question. My cats aren't quite as large as yours, but
they are definitely healthy. Skeeter never has been very interested in
canned food, although she'll occasionally take a few bites. Lindy was
eager for it, although picky, and she changed her preferences
periodically. Then I ran into a similar problem. She would beg me to
feed her, then turn up her nose at the food.

I finally settled it by continuing to buy her favorite flavors. I have
plastic lids that fit on the cans, and I divide 1/4 can between two
dishes every evening. Sometimes Lindy cleans out both dishes.
Sometimes she empties one and ignores the other. Skeeter still takes
the occasional bite or two. I'm throwing out a lot less food, but still
satisfying their desire to be given the canned food.

Joy

Thanks for replies. I have the plastic lid containers and have recently
started to give both cats only a quarter of the canned food and they still
don't eat it. They only lick up the gravy and then want dry food. They are
a creature of habit and beg and claw at my legs for the canned food and then
turn their noses up. Happens every single night.

They do have fresh water and drink a lot more of it since this has been
happening over time.

I guess as they mature, they have changed eating habits as well. I dunno.
Stumped.

From my own experience, their favorite food of all time can become
disgusting garbage not worth sniffing overnight. When that happens I
push it to the back of the cupboard. A couple weeks later it becomes
their favorite again. Not that they're spoiled or anything - heaven
forbid.

There is one thing in your post, though, that my bunch does like
your's seem to be doing now. If I feed them the type in gravy they'll
lick the gravy, then move fill up on the half cup of dry that I leave
out for snacks during the day. By the time they go back for more, the
canned food is dried out from sitting out with no gravy and ends up
being thrown away. When I feed them ground up type of canned, they eat
that first leave the dried for later snacks, which is what I prefer
anyway.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]