Old October 19th 07, 04:01 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
.._..

Default Is there such a thing as "cat whistle"?

There might be such a device. (Dog whistles probably can be heard by them,
their eardrums are small enough they may pick up that frequency.)

Whether or not your cat actually responds to it on the other hand... it may
require you to train the cat that whistle means treat time or something.

"RPSinha" wrote in message
I have been asking a lot of questions, but please bear with me!

My latest is: Is there such a thing as "cat whistle", something cats
can hear and humans can't. (Similar to what's available for dogs.)

Sometimes we have to go looking for our cat, who may be hiding who
knows where. It is quite a spectacle to go around yelling her name. If
there was a whistle we could teach her to recognize, but people
couldn't hear it, then we could do this discreetly.