Old September 4th 13, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Spazzie's name

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"Mike Mayers" wrote in message

another name for Spazzie. I am thinking of Ollie for Oliver. In
the
movie Oliver, Oliver says "please sir, I want some more". That's
Spazzie
when she is hungry - which is all the time.

That's a boy's name. I suppose you could try Olivia

May I ask, why does it matter? It's not like the cat is going to be
ridiculed by her peers for having a boy's name. She's not going to have
gender confusion.

It matters to me and that's all you need to know.
Would you call your male child Amanda or Penelope or ? of course not.
It's a matter of dignity.

If I even wanted to give a male child a girl's name, I sincerely doubt
that
I would, because he would face hell in school, if not before. The world is
full of narrow-minded idiots who apparently have a mandate to beat the
living
hell out of anyone who violates their notion of "gender-appropriate"
behavior,
including their name.

But - and this is important - I would not pick a boy's name because I
believe
it's undignified to do otherwise. why is it undignified? Is there any
reason,
other than an emotional attachment to gender norms, for thinking this? Is
there a *logical* reason to think there is something undignified about it?

But we're talking about *cats*. I guarantee you, a cat does not care about
this.

I know this but I am not going to call a male cat Wendy or a female David.