Old September 30th 13, 06:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default Mom visits for a week, cats go catatonic

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 20:28:34 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
.. .
My 85 year old mother is visiting for the week, which is mostly why I
haven't been posting. We've been hitting all the museums and galleries
- my art quota for the year has been exceeded with three months still
to go.

Scooter came down from my bedroom to say hello within 20 minutes of
her arrival. Nipsy took four days, skulking around and spying on Mom
from various hiding places but yesterday he apparently decided that
she was just another piece of furniture and has been visible although
not to the petting stage.

Even Marlo, the most skittish of the brood, began showing her pretty
face yesterday. So Mom arrived Friday and it only took until Wednesday
before the skittish members of the household decided that she doesn't
bite. They're wrong, but her bite tends to be more mental.

She's here until Sunday morning and today is solo at the house since I
had to go to work today for a very important meeting that just got
cancelled. Worse, she's having a friend over.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to come up with some special temptations
to reward them for their tolerance.

I can only say that when my mother died suddenly, I wished I still had her
to be such a nuisance.
You won't have her for ever so value her while you can.

Tweed

Oh yes, Several times I thought just that when I was about to go
berzerk. Teaching her how to take out library books on her Kindle Fire
involved several of those times. It iisn't really straightforward
though, but I know nothing about the Kindle HD nor how to take out
books so it was a learning experience. By then Scooter was willing to
offer his advice.