Old June 2nd 06, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default fridge life of cooked mushrooms?

Enfilade wrote:

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

About a week ago we added sauteed green onions and mushrooms, as well
as grilled bell peppers and zucchini, to spaghetti sauce (the kind in
a plastic jar).

I was thinking that with no meat, it would still be good, but someone
told me that mushrooms go bad in 2-3 days.

Oh dear. I keep spaghetti sauce in the fridge up to a week, shrooms,
meat and all.

And I closer to TWO weeks! (Or longer, if it gets shoved to
the back of the shelf.) So long as it looks and smells
okay, tastes all right, and hasn't grown a white fur coat,
heating it thoroughly before using it will take care of any
potential problems.