Old June 2nd 06, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default fridge life of cooked mushrooms?

"Matthew" wrote in message
.. .
rule of thumb is less than a week in a frig depending on the traffic in

the
frig personally 5 days is tops for any cooked food in the frig unless you
have it in a real vacuum seal product than two to 3 weeks depending on the
food.

Three days, to be safe, Matthew, especially among these dim bulbs with the
world at their fingertips via the Internet, but ask questions about food
safety
here. In the cat group. Do we really NEED "Purrs for my Upset Stomach"
and "Purrs for my Food Poisoning" and "Purrs for my Diarrhea" threads?

I don't think so.

P. S. Monique: grow UP, will you? Jaysus.

"Enfilade" wrote in message
oups.com...

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
About a week ago we added sauteed green onions and mushrooms, as well
as grilled bell peppers and zucchini, to spaghetti sauce (the kind in
a plastic jar).

I was thinking that with no meat, it would still be good, but someone
told me that mushrooms go bad in 2-3 days.

Oh dear. I keep spaghetti sauce in the fridge up to a week, shrooms,
meat and all.

--Fil