Old June 6th 09, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

Default more about interferon side effects

"calvin" wrote in message
On Jun 6, 2:14 pm, "cyberpurrs" wrote:
You've been told by experts that this is the right thing to do for your
cat,
in your cat's situation. Now what the **** do you want from us?

I want you and Matthew to go away. I want the others to
explain why it is wise to give a cat never-ending medication
that may cause these side effects:

liver damage
nervous system damage
loss of appetite
vomiting
anemia

AIN'T going to happen it is called the WWW aka internet aka a free posting
forum I have been here a lot longer than you have ever thought about using
the internet and I have helped more people with their pets both in real
life, rescues and this forum than you can even thinking of every recalling
in your life.

So again I understand asking questions. It is a scary thing to have a
person, friend, family member or pet go through long term problems. But
THEY HAVE EXPLAINED BUT YOU ARE NOT LISTENING. STAY THE "F" off the
internet blogs and if you have questions that your vet is not explaining to
you or that you can't get from the forum. CALL ANOTHER VET FOR A SECOND
OPINION.

Every medication that is on the market can have dangerous side effect from
simple aspirin to herb supplements to the new experimental drugs.

Why anyone would do what you ask is to save the animal. To at least give
them a fighting chance. One of my cats has epilepsy. He is allergic to
pentobarbital the common given medication. He had to go on diazepam one
of the side effects is possible liver and kidney damage. He has been off of
it for years and been seizure free for years. My option put him to sleep or
give him the medication and keep him around living a good life for many
years to come.

AGAIN HONESTLY WHAT DO YOU WANT. No one is going to get on a plane come to
you and hold your hand.

Phil has listed so much information for you which I bet you have looked up
on the www have you discussed it with your vet. If so and you still have
questions CALL ANOTHER VET. That would be 3 plus people telling you what
to do.

You may not like what me or cyber has to say but welcome to Real life. If
I was to come there I would drag you down to the vets office and make him
write it all out for you. Show the vet all of the info provide by our
resident helpers. Ask him if this was true. If you still had issues. Than
drag you to another vet for a second physical opinion; third plus opinion
and make them write it down for you again. If there was a difference of
agreement I would find a third vet. We do it when we have problems. Is
this so hard or do I need crayons and a etch-a-sketch