Old May 24th 04, 09:57 PM
Alison

I agree with you. Her cat would feel very exposed.
Also, I don't think it would be IATA approved.
Didn't the airline involved give your friend some advice or recommend
a firm who makes travel containers?

Guidelines for suitable containers.
http://www.usairways.com/cargo/shipp...ve_animals.htm

This webpage is about dogs but has a picture of a container that is
suitable for cats .
http://www.cocargo.com/cocargo/CargoPages/liveanim.asp

Alison

"Ellie Pea" wrote in message
A friend of mine is moving from Scotland to Norway soon with her cat
and has to replace her current rather tatty carrier with a new IATA
approved one.

We were looking at them in a pet shop at the weekend and she liked

the
idea of one with an opening grill on the top as well as at the front
grill as it would provide more ventilation but, I thought it would
more threatening for the cat. My thinking was it made the carrier

too
open and her cat might not feel safe and be super stressed.

The cat will be travelling in the hold and the trip is only for an
hour but there is all that check in time and hanging around before
hand!

I know some people on this list have transported their cats by plane
and just wondering if anyone has an opinion as to which style of
carrier is best.

Thanks

Lindsey