Old November 11th 16, 04:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Cat "TV"

On 11/11/2016 9:49 AM, dgk wrote:
On Thu, 10 Nov 2016 08:10:29 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

This was a number of years ago, but you will enjoy this:

http://people.eku.edu/styere/Bird-Watching2.jpg

Gene

I always thought that it was sort of unfair to the bird to have to
live with cats trying to figure out how to get in.

I used to try to put birdseed out after the cats were inside, but
sometimes the logistics just worked out that the cats were outside
while there was still birdseed in the feeders. Now that is a conflict
of interest, but the birds almost always got to eat in peace anyway
since my cats weren't really great hunters.

I've only ever been owned by two cats. Persia, whom someone had front
de-clawed before she came to live with me. And now Buffy, fully clawed.
Doesn't matter. They're indoor-only cats.

The hunting instinct is satisfied by play. I've got tons of toys and
Buffy loves batting golf balls around even when I'm in another room. No
cat of mine will ever be an outdoor cat. The birds are safe, she just
watches. It took a while before she even showed any interest. I was
just posting pics of the bluebirds. Didn't mean to start a debate about
indoor-out.

Jill
Jill