Old April 15th 08, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

Default Normal for a cat to vomit a tapeworm vs the worm coming out in the stool?

"William Graham" wrote in message
Cat Guy wrote:

It IS NOT "bad" to crosspost when the groups being posted to have
something in common with the subject matter being discussed.

It it's horrible! Catguy, my apologies if I made it seem so. I didnt
explain fully and then accidently overdeleted so this is the firat reply
I've seen.

All the groups are cat related.

My problem with all this is that I never know how to make sure that the
original poster receives my answer without posting my reply to all the
groups he has listed in his header.....IOW, where, exactly is he posting
from? If I knew that, then I could eliminate all the other groups from the
header, and confine the answer to the original poster's group, plus,
(perhaps) any other groups that might also be interested. But without
knowing that, I have little choice but to post my answer to all the groups
in the header of the original post.

One should be able to 'presume' if the poster added a group though, that
they read it. Hence by 'nettiqutte' we should be able to reply just to the
one group we are in. I do not for example get the other groups (only
rec.pets.health+behav) so deleted them in the reply.

What I meant to explain was how many automated spam filters will act. A spam
filter applied at the user end is often set to delete any messages with more
than one newsgroup in the header to deliver to. As a result, some will
never _see_ his origional message. Catguy wasnt 'rude' or 'bad' or
'spamming'. He was simply unaware and asked why some deleted the other
groups.

It would also be 'wrong' of me to reply to the other groups since I do not
get them and the others in those other groups won't know that so if they
reply only to one of those, to me, I'll never see it. Not 'horrible' of me
if I added them in, but a little rude unless I warned in the post that
replies would have to go just to 'this group'