Old May 9th 08, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Newbie questions: What kind of pet carrier?

"Rene S." wrote in message
Both thesoft and hard carriers I have are "top loaders" and I really
recommend that.

I highly recommend a carrier with both a top and side loader as well.
Comes in handy if kitty doesn't want to come out, especially at the
vet's office. I'm not fond of soft carriers for one reason: safety. I
once took a trip to my parent's house (several hours away) and on the
way back, I had a minor accident. I can still hear the "clunk" of the
carrier hitting the dashboard. Fortunately, everyone, cat included,
was just fine. I worry what could have happened if I didn't have a
hard-sided carrier--he could have been flung much further in the car
with nothing to cushion the blow.

You should always buckle that carrier with a seat belt, just for occasions
like this. And with a soft carrier the cat would be flung against fabric
rather than hard plastic. JMHO

Hugs,

CatNipped