Old January 14th 17, 05:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Kasupski

Default Flying Kitty, Anyone?

On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 19:53:58 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

My cat Persia (RB 2014) pretty much barged her way into my life. One
cold January night (I lived in the Memphis, TN area at the time) she
showed up at the back door to my patio, yowling her head off. I
couldn't get her to go away. It was supposed to be about 23F that night
so as darkness fell I drove to the store down the street. Grabbed a bag
of kibble, a litter box and litter. Sure enough she was still there
when I got back. I let her inside. I could tell immediately from her
catitude, "Yep, I own you now!"

Of course you let her in, because (a) there's no sense going to fetch all those
kitty supplies if you're not going to let her in, and (b) since you're probably
kicking the door open with your foot because your arms are loaded with kitty
supplies, you're most likely in no position to stop her even if you wanted to!

I think this just goes to show you what we cat lovers will do for our feline
friends. I won't go out at night during the winter to get ME a bag of kibble! If
it's not already in the house somewhere when the sun goes down, I'll do without
it until morning. There are two exceptions to this: (1) the kitty (who BETTER be
in the house somewhere!) and (2) anything the kitty needs. And needless to say,
they can see that it's dark out and as soon as they see you go out to fetch them
something anyway, they know they've got you.

At any rate, I'd bet my last dollar you were glad she was still there when you
got back - and not solely because if she'd left during your supply run, you'd
have probably felt a little foolish standing out there in the freezing cold with
all those brand new kitty supplies, but no kitty. I know I would have!

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY