Old January 20th 17, 01:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Default Kitten Converts Reluctant Owner

*laughing* Where I live there is a little "library" filled with books
donated by people who live here (this is a gated community, don't get
me started). Just take some books, bring them back. Got new books
you are done with? Donate them.

Quite a few pubs in Edinburgh and around have shelves of free books.
Working in a charity bookshop, I can often add to their stock (things
in too poor a condition to sell, but still readable and worth more to
people that way than the 5p/Kg we'd get for them as pulp). I make it
my mission to get the pub stock as varied as possible. It tends to
drift towards being all Harlan Coben and Readers Digest stuff, so I
add everything from Maya Angelou to South American travel guidebooks
to cardboard children's books. When I put in a book on differential
geometry it vanished in a day or two.