Old November 12th 04, 04:59 PM
Mary

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
Amber is a good sized cat and is a bit plump. Tiger is gigantic
(possible Maine Coon). He weighed in at 25 pounds at his last vet visit
in June. The vet said he should lose some weight. I am feeding one 5.5
ounce can of Wellness for the two cats in the morning and again in the
late afternoon. They get a small amount of dry Wellness at noon and
again at bedtime. Both cats are inside only and are not very active -
sleeping a lot. They appear to have lost some weight but are not skinny
by any means. Am I giving them enough to eat?

I have been feeding my two females (age 5, 7 lbs, and age 10 and OH MY GOD
pounds)
half a three-ounce can of food twelve hours apart plus half a cup of dry for
the fat one
and unlimited dry for the skinny one. (They essentially live in different
parts of the house
and someone is usually here so it is hard for the fat one to sneak the
skinny one's food.)
These are active cats, and this is clearly enough for them.