Old July 13th 03, 04:09 PM
P.D.

Default cat scratching furniture

The stuff is bough already, to late to change the fabric!

When you get the new furniture, you
should take into consideration what your cats have shown interest in and
find fabrics that are the very opposite. Usually very smooth fabrics are
a good choice and won't entice the cats. HTH.

That's fine for when I am home and awake, but when we are both out or
sleeping is when I think they do their most damage.

If they try to
scratch things you don't want them to, you must distract them using a
"happy" voice and get their attention focused back on what you want them
to scratch, then give more praise when they oblige. One way would be to
stand by the scratching post you want them to use and scratch it with
your fingernails loud enough for them to hear it.