Old May 9th 04, 04:37 AM
TechGeek

"~*Connie*~" wrote in message ...
I agree. It really depends on the personality of the mother. If you can
catch her, then attempt the move. If you cant, then I would recommend
leaving them alone and keeping an eye on her. Once the kittens get to be
four or five weeks, Id take them away from her. It is awful early, but that
way you can socialize them to like humans, and give them a chance to have a
home, instead of becoming feral and living out on the street and living with
those risks.

Ageed, also let your neighbors know (if you live in a close
neighborhood) about them so no one accidently disturbs them, same with
landscapers.

My wife and I went though two similar situations, one the mother
abandoned them (3 kittens, 2 got very good homes, one stayed with us),
the other the mother was very sweet and we took her in (northeast
winter was coming) we raised the kittens from bald, no eyed, peeping
kittens, to fully, jumping, playing kittens. (Most of which also got
good homes though us, the rest went to a shelter and were all adopted
out).

Also, if you know how to feed & take care of the kittens, it will help
them grow and devolop into good cats, I'm sure there is a plethora of
information out there on how to take care of them.

Warning: If you do move them in your house, and you have cats on your
own, keep them seperate and clean all the cats you bring in, a simple
bath will doa world of good.