Old November 21st 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
nldiggs99 via CatKB.com

Default cat vomitting

Hello everyone:
Well I took my cat into my vet tonight. Still, they could not find a thing
wrong with him. They could see he was dehydrated so they did an IV, barely
got any blood out of him to do run tests, they ran a leukemia and another
test and both negative. He had no idea, cause he had no fever, nothing. So,
he went ahead and treated with antibiotics again and said if he doesn't perk
up in a day or two to bring him back and they will try to take more blood and
run more tests.
So, you see it still lies a mystery on what is wrong with my cat.
I honestly wonder if he doesn't have something wrong with his kidneys, maybe
kidney stones? I picked up a pamphlet and honestly he has all but one
symptom of kidney disease. The Dr just didn't think towards that???? I am
leaning towards it, but more like stones cause he had white stuff on his
bottom, made it look like crystals?

Anyway, my kitty being sick is still a mystery. He gave me antibiotics, and
my cat started perking up this morning anyhow, and gave the Dr quite a
problem, but he still is not my kitty back to normal by any means.

I'll keep you posted.

Many thanks
Neva

nldiggs99 wrote:
Thank you Phil, you gave me a more to the point answer and I was along the
lines of an obstruction too, but the emergency vet is the one I took him too
last time and didn't find anything. He is more perky this morning thank god,
still drinking water, responding more but I'm taking him in tomorrow to my
regular vet cause I think the emergency vet here just rushed us out last time
in June. Thanks and I will let you know what the doctor says on him. I would
think they would keep him over night tomorrow just to see if they can't
pinpoint something right away, he needs an IV I know that much. Although
he's drinking alot of water, he still doesn't get enough. I will let you all
know after work tomorrow when I am home to email...

Thanks

Question: I know cats aren't as strong as dogs, heck you can at least give a
dog a baby aspirin, you can't cats, but my cat drank out of my glass one day
last week, but it was tea watered down, but would this cause any of this do
you think?

My cat has not ate for a few days, drinks water but then throws up. My vet
said to bring him in on monday. He did this same thing back in June and they

[quoted text clipped - 21 lines]

Phil