Old April 7th 09, 07:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Default Pardon My Absence and Purrs to All (Mostly OT)

jmcquown wrote:
My oldest brother and his girlfriend arrived Sunday morning to pick up
the furniture from [my] house after my mother's death. Things haven't
exactly gone smoothly. Let's just say I'd reserved a rental truck
(think UHaul) but when circumstances required me to put it off for a day
they'd already rented the truck I'd reserved. (No, I wasn't charged for
it.) I was calling an alledgedly National toll-free number. They found
a truck some 250 miles away for me to pick up (round trip)... you've got
to be kidding me.

Long story short, I did find a different rental company (NO THANKS, I
don't need suggestions! It's Settled!). I can pick it up any time I
want. They know what the meaning of RESERVED is, unlike the other
place. But because the weather down here has been nuts (torrential
rain) I don't know if that will be tomorrow (I sincerely hope so) or
Friday.

Poor Persia, of course, freaked out when they arrived on Sunday.

snip
Jill

Lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek