Old November 14th 08, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default adopting behaviour of another cat?

"honeybunch" wrote

I have to admit that I never have had 2 cats or 2 of any other animal
but I have noticed what happens when other people do. They often
choose to have 2 cats because they feel a single cat would be lonely
the way a person would be lonely without another of his species to pal
around with. But I have noticed that one of the cats is always the
alpha boss. Its never looks like fun for the 2nd banana cat. So
"S" (odd name for a cat) is just doing what "S" always wanted to do
but was prevented by 'D." I dont think you have to assume that "S"
is distraught over being relieved of "D." "S" is merely rejoicing
after a lifetime of oppression and unfortunately hasn't much time left
to do so.

I strongly disagree. You sadly are one of the many people who don't realize
that animals grieve--and that natural, instinctive patterns of dominance are
natural for cats, not emotionally charged issues for cats.

I suggest you read up on feline behavior and stop anthropomorphizing.