Old December 25th 10, 02:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Default An old Christmas cat story....

She will figure it out for you when the time comes. Mine still lay on the
bed within reaching distance when it is warm.
ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote in message
On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 07:45:50 -0800 (PST), rafflescat
wrote:

On Dec 24, 3:16 am, ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote:
I've read this before, but not for several years:

"When the baby Jesus was lying in the manger he started to shiver with
the cold. Mary covered the baby with blankets but still he kept
shivering. Mary then ask all the animals to move closer to the manger so
that their body heat would warm Jesus.

The animals stood as close to the manger as they could but the baby
Jesus remained cold and shivering. After a time a small cat with tabby
markings jumped into the manger and snuggled next to Jesus. Before long
the baby had stopped shivering and was sound asleep, contented and warm.

In her gratitude to the tabby Mary made the mark of her own initial,
upon the cat's forehead so that tabby cats will forever remind the world
of how they saved Jesus from the cold."

And now, I have a tabby cat. And Lorelei has an 'M' on her forehead, too

Dats nyce. See dats why Lorelei is nycenyce inna bedroom - she wants
tu keep yu warm too, purrfeckt.
Gordon Boyz n Sukie

She DOES keep me warm at night: she's a very 'fluffy' cat, and as soon
as I lie down, she jumps on top of me.

I lift up the covers, and she lies on my chest. It's SO NICE to have a
big warm kitty, on a cold winter night!

I haven't figured what I'm going when the weather gets hot.... but
that's a LONG time away.

I'm just enjoying snuggling with Lorelei