Old April 25th 07, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default A Pair of Cat's Names

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

Oh, no, he doesn't ever get called that. It is a slang name in the UK
for a penis and it's not funny for a cat name and well you know it.
I like you less for this suggestion.

Is "John Thomas" considered vulgar or something? I mean, it's not out of
the realm of possibility that I might name a cat Willie or Dick or Peter
or
Johnson, even though those names all mean "penis" in the US. (OK, I doubt
I'd name a cat "Johnson". Probably not Dick either. ) But I wouldn't
name a cat, say, "Pr*ck", which has a much more vulgar connotation, not to
mention it being an epithet. Poor kitty, it would be like you were
insulting
him every time you said his name!

I have a hard time believing that "John Thomas" is *that* rude - I mean it
must be a pretty common name over there - but I defer to the UKers on that
one.

Did you ever read "Lady Chatterley's Lover?" If so, you will know that John
Thomas means what I said before and it not a fit name for a cat.

Tweed