Old August 19th 09, 01:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

Default Cat TV (new bird feeder)

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Now that I'm finally settled in I got a new bird feeder. It's hanging
on a shepherd's hook near my back patio. Persia is getting the full
benefit of "cat TV". Carolina chickadees dart in and out as if this is
an international airport. Gosh they're quick! The tuftted titmice are
making themselves quite at home. I've got a pair of mated cardinals
visiting.

There's a pair of Carolina wrens nesting in the gardenia bush in Lynn's
yard so they come over to eat and often get into fights with each other.

http://animals.nationalgeographic.co...olina-wren.jpg

They look like teenage girls who went a little too crazy with the white
eyeliner They're cute, cheeky and also very loud.

I get the occasional large blue jay. I hung a thistle sock because
according to all the bird charts I've read I should be able to attract
various finches, including the gorgeous American Goldfinch. I used to
see them all the time at my nyjer feeder back in TN. So far there are
no takers here.

Anyway, Persia's going nuts over seeing the birds at the feeder. She
loves it. Yes, it's Cat TV! Apparently it's my TV, too. And I didn't
even have to worry about digital

Jill

We have feeders out at most of our windows. So many that the cats have
become bored with the "same show" on "all the time"... sigh

The dogs seem to appreciate them, however it is only when the squirrels
(tree Timmies) are at them, or rabbits (ground Timmies) are feeding on the
shoots that sprout up underneath...

her
wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--