Old August 23rd 05, 06:01 AM
ntantiques

EADGBE wrote:
As you all may know by now, I have given up actively looking for my
beloved lost cat Albert.

I am putting out a buffet of different cat foods every night, however.
If Albert is out there, I am hoping that there might be a SLIM chance
that he will start to make our house a regular stop in his nightly
travels.

My question is this: If Albert IS still out there, and there IS still a
chance that he will visit my house, what is the LONGEST period of time
I should wait? How many days/weeks? (Albert has been missing since July
16.)

I have read some of the cat stories on this website, but I would like
to hear more.

How long has it taken YOUR cat (or the cat of someone you know) to
return home again?

I am especially interested in hearing about cats returning after LONG
absences, since Albert has been gone a long time already.

THANKS FOR ANY INFO/STORIES YOU ALL CAN SHARE.

Not looking...but hoping...still hoping...

Sad for you - it's very hard to lose a good friend. Since you asked,
I'll share a story. We bought a rural home last year from a couple who
were unable to take their 2 wonderful Siamese cats with them to their
new residence. Although both are confirmed outdoor cats, they're also
extremely affectionate and sleep on the covered back porch every night.
Several years ago one of them went missing. Although the family
searched everywhere for weeks and alerted all the neighbors, they
finally gave up and mourned his loss. Our area is rife with wildlife
and they were resigned to the idea that Moonshine had met a sad end.
Six months later guess who showed up, dirty and thin, but happy to be
home and welcomed with open arms. It was tough for these nice folks to
leave the kitties behind - we encouraged them to come by and visit
them, which, happily, they do.

Hoping that Albert is just a "two timer" and that you'll see him again,
NT