Old December 7th 10, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
KenK

Default Hairballs - pumpkin - taste

"SJ" wrote in
:

Try Benefiber, about 1/4 teaspoon, in a small amount of food. It mixes
in well, has no taste, and works well. It's just a bulk fiber that
helps things move through the digestive tract. Tasteless, odorless,
and no texture once it's mixed. Start out with a small amount daily
for a couple of days.
Once it's working, it can really push things through and give the cat
too much roughage, so don't give it every day. Recommended by my Vet.

Did the vet mention hairball reduction?

Well, it's wheat dextrin and soluble and Metamucil is psyllium husks and
insoluble. So who knows? Worth a try. I'll pick some up. The tasteless
soluble fiber I tried unsuccessfully previously was inulin. Emily would say
"Anything but pumpkin!"

Ken