Old June 13th 04, 09:15 PM
Takayuki

"jmcquown" wrote:

(deep breath) I went through my mail from yesterday this morning. I got a
letter from this same clinic about a new heartworm injectible for my dog.
Hello. You put him to sleep in 1999. Why the hell am I on a mailing list
for this in 2004?! Stuff like this just chaps my ass. But unless I get
another stupid correspondence from them, I won't act on it. If, however,
for some reason going forward they think I still need reminding about caring
for my dog they'll be hearing from me.

Sampson must have been a wonderful dog for you to have cared for and
about him so much.

It might help to think of it as what they call an "integration", or
"data cleanliness" problem. Nobody maintains mailing lists well.
They should make a special effort with sensitive stuff like this
though. One of the worst examples of poor, insensitive recordkeeping
I've heard of was when they kept calling Cheryl to ask to speak to her
late son Eric about his student loans.