Old August 14th 16, 04:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default Slight progress by Baby

Since Marlo has been isolated in the spare bedroom, there has been
some slight but clear progress by Baby. She actually follows me into
the bathroom, where cat feeding is normally accomplished. Before this
I brought her food under the bed or wherever she is hiding.

She likes sitting on the nighttable that has the window partially open
so the cats can smell the outside. Whenever I approached it, she would
dart under the bed. For the last few days, she actually sits there
while I drop treats by her or even lightly brush her with my hand.

Of course, this is all while Marlo is in isolation in the bedroom, so
there clearly is something between them and Baby prefers Marlo being
away. I'm sleeping in the spare room with Marlo and spend some time
with her during the day, and the poor girl is wearing her soft
Elizabethan collar, but she's ok.

I take Marlo back to the vet on Monday for a progress report on her
overgrooming. She has on the Sentry Calming Collar but I have no idea
if that had any impact at all.

Naturally, as soon as any progress is made, I have to go away and a
stranger comes to feed them and all progress is lost. I'm going to NYC
next Sunday for a week, and while I'm looking forward to seeing all my
old friends, I hate being away from the cats.

Scooter and Nipsy are curious about Marlo being locked away but rarely
go to the door to chat with her. Fair weather friends.