Old January 26th 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Lick, lick, lick, lick...bite.

In article .com,
sideshowhaas wrote:
My 2 yo coon cat has a tendancy to lick my hand several times and then
place his teeth on me as if he were going to bite me. He never leaves a
mark, though. Is he just testing me or tasting me? It's kind of funny
when he does it. It's like he can't resist the temptation to take a
chomp, but just as the teeth make contact he realizes what he is doing,
releases, and sometimes gives a few extra licks as if to say that he is
sorry.

Apparently some MC's are a bit schizo.

Bubba will be relaxing and allowing me to pet
him and he'll switch from purring to bunny-kicking
and gently (usually) biting in a blink.

He doesn't seem vicious or serious about taking
a chunk out of me or anything but it was a bit
surprising the first time. It can be disconcerting
to have a large cat grab you with it's fangs.

In Bubba's case, I think he's just playing in
some strange cat mode and I just let him do
what he wants unless he uses his claws in the
bunny kick.

Claude