Old December 3rd 03, 05:47 PM
Alison

"Mary" wrote in message
om...
I'm still thinking about my neighbor's new adoptee that she rescued
from death row.

Her eyes are crossed. Does this mean she sees the way I do if I

cross
my eyes? Anyone else with cross-eyed cats? My neighbor is willing to
have them fixed if she can, if the vet says the cat will be happier.

have to say, though, they make this big, creamy, fluffy and floppy
blue-eyed girl look even cuter!

Hi Mary ,
Has you neighbour discussed this with the vet ? Would they be able
to do something like this ?
This is my take on it . A cats vision is like ours , except the
colours are muted and reds and greens look the same. So I guess he
would see the same as you when you cross your eyes. How ever, the cat
has seen like this from birth and his brain will be wired to see
cross-eyed. If his eyes were straightened, he would have to adjust
and relearn things .
Experiments on kittens vision in the 60's (euw!) showed that when
they took off eyepatches with slits after several weeks,(which had
been on since they opened their eyes) , the kittens couldn't see
things like chair legs and would walk into them .

Alison