Old December 4th 03, 01:05 AM
Mary

"Alison" wrote in message

Hi Mary ,
Has you neighbour discussed this with the vet ? Would they be able
to do something like this ?

They went to the vet yesterday afternoon but I haven't been able to
catch up with them since. I'll try again tomorrow. I'm anxious to know
what the vet had to say about the cat because she is a pound cat, not
a shelter cat.

This is my take on it . A cats vision is like ours , except the
colours are muted and reds and greens look the same. So I guess he
would see the same as you when you cross your eyes. How ever, the

cat
has seen like this from birth and his brain will be wired to see
cross-eyed. If his eyes were straightened, he would have to adjust
and relearn things .

So he can see correctly, then?

Experiments on kittens vision in the 60's (euw!) showed that when
they took off eyepatches with slits after several weeks,(which

had
been on since they opened their eyes) , the kittens couldn't see
things like chair legs and would walk into them .

Alison, this research sounds very creepy. What was the point?

Alison