Old February 24th 05, 09:43 PM
BarB

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:34:14 -0600, "Jason Travis"
wrote:

She's gotten a little weaker, she doesn't bound up onto high surfaces
anymore.

I think you've answered your own question. Get a lower litter box. At
that age arthritis is not uncommon and even a shallow box may be too
high for her. I got a covered round (Booda brand) box with a built in
ramp for my oldest cat when I noticed her limping, however you could
build a ramp for her yourself so that she only has to step down an
inch or so into the litter.

Have the vet check her out as well. there are drugs to make her more
comfortable but don't give aspirin or any other human drug for pain
except under a vet's supervision. They can build up in the body and
cause death.

BarB