Old January 27th 06, 03:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Psychological cost of pet overpopulation (and euthanasia at animal shelters)

On 2006-01-27, MaryL -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:
I just posted a message in rpca in which I urged someone to have his cat
neutered as soon as possible. His cat is 14 months old, and he thought the
cat needed to "grow fully" before having him neutered. I quoted from a

I could point out the obvious: I've yet to see a tomcat have kittens.
There are good reasons to neuter a tom, but population control really
isn't one of them. Unless you can operate on all (or nearly all) of
the breeding population it isn't going to make much difference. One
intact tom can serve many intact queens. For population control put
your money on spaying queens, first.

--
The night is just the shadow of the Earth.