Old March 17th 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default R.I.P. Friesian Mare Gerda (OT)

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 08:18:39 -0600, "Pat"
yodeled:

I got a call from Gloria very early this morning. Gerda
(http://friesianlover.com/gerda.html) died giving birth to her foal, which
was breech and also did not survive. You don't wanna know the gory details.
I could have waited another hour or so to hear them myself....

I am so immensely sad for all concerned, as well as extremely glad that I
did not have to be there as it was happening. According to Gloria, the vet
arrived too late to save her but in time to put her down before she suffered
much.

Oh, I am so sorry. What a great loss. We are all revving our purr
motors.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War