Old December 13th 06, 08:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default I survived, but...

wrote:

I bought some of those marshmallow "Peeps" candies last
Easter, remembering how I loved them as a kid. I about gagged on them.
Sickly sweet, gritty!! I threw them away.

LOL! I never had Peeps as a kid. In fact, I'd never even heard of them
until a few years ago when I started seeing references to that website
where college students perform various experiments on peeps and report
their findings (with photos). I wasn't at all clear from that site
exactly what a Peep *was*. Finally, last year, at a party, I saw my
first Peep. It didn't look anything like food. I had absolutely no urge
to put it in my mouth, I can tell you that.

On the other hand, I was big on instant pudding as a kid. I still like
it now, I have to confess, but it's not as wonderful as I remember it.
Ditto for many cereals. And one of my favorite childhood foods on the
planet is something that seems gross even as I remember it, and I
haven't had it in 40 years or mo canned macaroni and cheese. Ewww.

Joyce