Old November 4th 03, 09:07 AM
Jeanette

Sherry wrote in message
Glad Jaylo was found!! Kittens can get in the smallest places.
I lost a fosterkitty once and it waas awful. I noticed that the screen was
torn, and had conjured up this horrible scenario that a neighborhood tom

cat
had gotten her. (I had just watched "A Cry in the Dark" and was suffering

from
dingo-got-my-baby overactive imagination I guess). I looked everywhere,

even
outside, and had gotten to the point I was really looking for a body, not

live kitty.
Marilyn was curled up asleep under a bookcase the whole time.

Sherry

Foster kittens! The Magnificant Madeleine once managed to crawl through a
tiny hole in the webbing underneath the sofa, and go to sleep inside it. I
didn't find her until she woke up and started to yowl because she'd
forgotten where she was. Ade and I had to turn the sofa over very carefully
to make sure she didn't get squished, then cut the webbing open even further
so that I could get my arm in and rescue her.

And last year, Fred was nowhere to be seen in the garage, although I could
hear her yelling at me. It was several minutes before I thought of looking
UP. There she was, ten feet in the air in the rafters, damn kitten, politely
asking me to get her down again because she was bored.

I never have this trouble with boy kittens, I must say.