Old November 4th 03, 07:07 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 07:11:15 +0200, "Marina"
wrote:

"David Stevenson" wrote

Fifteen minutes!!!! Hah!!!!!

When Quango RB was with us he would wander off looking bored and
sleepy about an hour and a half before a vet visit. That was it - lost.

Just when it was too late and we had phoned the vet he would reappear
looking pleased with himself.

That reminds me of the time I was taking the cats back home from the island
one summer. I didn't have the heart to shut them up, but trusted that they
would be sleeping inside in the afternoon, as they always do. But of course,
there were no cats to be seen when my sister's family had packed the boat
and were ready to leave. I looked high and low, but couldn't find them.
Finally I told my sister to go ahead, I would have to stay on for a few days
with the cats, and take a taxi boat then.

As the sound of the boat engine died away in the distance, both cats
casually wandered back home and settled down for a nap. But this time the
hoomin was sneaky. She shut all doors and windows, called sis on her mobile
phone and asked her if she would come back, and since they hadn't gone very
far, they did turn back and came and fetched me and two very offended and
upset cats.

Now I always shut the cats inside several hours before we are scheduled to
leave.

Oh those sneaky hoomins ;-((

Rocky, who also hates trips in carriers - though never been on a boat
--
Steve Touchstone,
remove Junk for email