Old June 2nd 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Help! no-kill cat shelters near Methuen, Mass?

" writes:

This is an area with quite a few shelters. Here is a list of the
no/low-kills in the 978 area code. Be aware that no/low-kills are
sometimes hesitant to acquire 10 year old cats as they can be slow to
adopt out and use up precious space in the shelters for significant
periods of time. Good luck. I hope you find someone. This information
was gotten from www.petfinder com.

Thanks! I got an email from the guy saying there were no no-kill
shelters around, which is obviously untrue. Then he said he "really
needed the money back" and implied the cat was terminally ill.
Just MINUTES later he posts to the forum that the cat just has
hairballs! Now he's keeping the cat for a while, again. So we're
supposed to believe he spent hundreds of dollars on vet tests and the
vet never mentioned hairballs? Either this guy never went to the vet or
he's making up the hairball story to get rid of people like me asking
him to not have the cat killed.
Seriously, within minutes the kitty went from terminally ill to just
having hairballs.

Stacia