Old May 1st 04, 08:27 AM
-L. :

(Shana) wrote in message . com...
My cat has a behavioral issue with urinating on my carpet (she has
been checked - this is a behavior problem). I steam clean my carpet
about once a week, but I can still smell the urine smell sometimes. I
always add OxyClean or Vinegar to the steamcleaner along w/the normal
soap. It fixes the problem for a couple of days, but then it starts
up again. I'm in the middle of reading a book (Floating Dragon by
Peter Straub for you curious types) and there is a paragraph about
getting out cat urine smells. It says to use White Wine, Vinegar and
Baking Soda. Has anyone heard of this?

Don't waste your time. These and enzyme-based cleaners suck, IMO.

You need to clean the area where she are peeing
inappropriately with a good cleaner, and de-scent it with an odor
eliminator. The cleaner I recommend is ODOKLEEN and the de-scenters
are ODOKILL (ODO-products are available at pet supply stores), or
NODOR (available through Nu-Scents in Knoxville, TN, USA,
1(800)262-9366). Once the
area is de-scented, they should no longer be attracted to it.

-L.