Old October 31st 04, 07:15 AM
Rhonda

Carl,

Didn't you mention the vet office that knows of the cat has been trying
to catch it and treat it? They must feel it's still treatable?

How about trapping it and taking it right to that vet? I think a vet
should look it over pretty quickly. As far as giving it it's last ride,
perhaps think about how this could be the ride that saves his life.

Rhonda

SvendlHo wrote:

I went to the adoption shelter where we got one of our cats and talked to the
lady who runs it. She explaned that the best course of action might be to trap
this cat and have it put down. Her theory: adult ferrals are difficult to
treat, to catch, and especially to medicate for a long term recovery. Also, if
the wound is getting worse, she will die a painful death, better to end her
suffering. Not the news I wanted to hear. I'm securing some traps but I'm not
sure I want to give this cat it's last ride. I will make some more calls for
other opinions and suggestions, but my wife cautioned me that I can't keep
calling places until someone tells me they can save it. This is so depressing.
Updates as I get them.

Carl