Old July 7th 08, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Default Weird Scary Chester Experience - any ideas?

What happened? Did some creature (raccoon?) sneak into the house
yesterday afternoon when I was unloading groceries - but the cat food
wasn't touched all night so that doesn't make sense. Did he see a
raccoon in the screen in the bathroom and that was enough to scare him?
- but that doesn't make sense by the sound he made when he ran. Did he
get tangled in something in Jane's room since some things were also
knocked off her dresser? - I'll have to ask her when she's up. Could he
have had a mini stroke and it scared him and he ran like that because
his back legs weren't working?

Since he did cut his foot couldn't the same you heard have been something
caught on or around (tangled as you say) his foot? Something with a thin
cord or string or like that? He worked at it and pulled it off but only by
inflicting some damage. I would carefully inspect every place you can tell
he was for blood or a broken or removed something or other.