Old July 10th 03, 06:34 PM
Uncle Fred

In article ,
pted says...
I will move from San Francisco to Chicago next month, and I need to
plan how to transport my two cats.

The acceptable possibilities I can think of are in-cabin transport on
an airline, and some type of commercial service which, unlike
airlines, takes responsibility for their welfare.

I haven't found any airlines which allow one passenger to carry two
animals. That means I would have to fly cross-country twice,
separating a pair of cats and probably aggravating an already
stressful experience, or pay a stranger to travel with me.

I only imagine (and hope) that a pet transportation service exists. So
far I know of none, nor does my vet.

Any suggestions or advice?

My mail address is jsachs177 at earthlink dot net.

If you have time and a little money you might rent a motor home
which gives you and your cats a home-like environment and you can travel
at a leisurely pace and "discover America" while you're at it. Just make
sure the cats are not going to get out and get lost. Cat security comes
first,... and don't let them drive when traffic is bad. They hate that.

--
With Regards,
Fred Williams,

remove the four "F"s when replying