Old June 2nd 04, 10:09 PM
Margaret Fine

O J wrote:
Hi All,

In another newsgroup, we were discussing the false rumor about
"Swiffer" cleaning solution being harmful to cats.

In alt.folklore.urban I wrote:

I can vouch for the story about Swiffer harming cats. My partner
just did the kitchen floor with it the other day and one of our cats
pride and dignity (some of a cat's most treasured assets) were damaged
as she spun out on a tight corner and went bouncing off the
refrigerator.

And one of the follow-ups was:

After many months of watching the interaction of Soxi and Spot, I
realized that there was a specific rule that the bathroom and kitchen
were safe zones. No attacks were allowed on these linoleum floored
areas, for fear of the indignities associated with poor footing. When
one kittie was losing the battle, she would retreat to one of these
safe zones to non-chalantly groom herself.

Regards and Purrs,
O J

O J, can you tell me how to set up a safety zone on my bed? 5 am this
morning and I am suddenly stepped on by a 80 pound labrador retriever.
"Ooof" says I "why are you standing on me?" taking a look around I
noticed the 9 pound cat attacking the 80 pound dog. "Stop biting his
butt!" say I to no avail. We throw the cat off the bed and and get the
dog to settle down. 10 minutes later and I am almost back to sleep when
the cat uses my head for a spring board and latches onto the dog's neck
and they start wrestling. This is all good fun for them, mind you, but
now I am bruised from being stepped on and cranky from lack of sleep!

--
Margaret Fine