Old June 11th 21, 04:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeanne Douglas

Default Buffy's Hiding Off and On

On 2021-06-08 7:03 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
Buffy has started hiding again, off and on.Â* In the last day or so
she has started fighting me giving her the liquid pain medication.
She did sleep with me last night but when I got up this morning to
dish up her food, fresh water, etc. she got off the bed and hid on
the chair under the dining table.Â* I went about getting ready for
work.Â* While I was in the shower she came out and ate half the
food, then went back up on the chair again.

I know it's uncomfortable if I have to force her mouth open.Â* I
wish, wish, wish! she could understand the cause and effect: she
feels a heck of a lot better within minutes if she simply opens her
mouth a tiny bit without my having to wrangle with her and touch
the sore spot on her jaw.Â* It takes *one* second to squirt the
medication in her mouth.

I picked up refills of the medication after work today.Â* They want
to see her again on June 18th.Â* If she continues in this vein I'm
afraid that Friday appointment could be her last.

I'm so sorry to hear this.

Thank you.Â* She has absolutely refused to let me medicate her since I
posted that.Â* I'm about to try again just to see if I can make her
feel better for a little while.Â* I changed the appointment to
tomorrow, 10/11.Â* Tonight will be my last night with her. Â* My
heart is breaking but I know it's the right thing to do.

I am thinking of you - all the more because I had to bring Cinnamon in
when she suddenly worsened badly, only days after the vet thought
she'd be good til the fall. I pretty well knew I wouldn't be bringing
her home. I could still medicate Cinnamon, but she wouldn't eat or
unless I syringe fed her and was so lethargic and weak. I just knew,
and I guess you do too.

Yes.Â* And my heart goes out to you about Cinnamon.Â* It's so sad how
quickly they can decline and that decision has to be made.

When I got home I found she had eaten a few bites of her gooshy food.
She had urinated a little in the litter box.Â* She was curled up on her
crackle sack and I was able to get some of the pain medication in her
mouth.Â* But she YOWLED at me and she's back on the chair under the
table.Â* I can't keep putting her through this.Â* It's time.

Thank you for your kind thoughts, Cheryl.Â* I'll be a wreck tomorrow,
driving home with an empty carrier.

Jill

Good God woman!! Where's your sense of compassion and decency? You're
keeping this poor animal alive strictly for your own selfish needs. If
the cat is truly suffering, do the right thing and euthanize her. If you
don't have the courage to do it yourself, you can send her to me

--
Posted by Mimo Usenet Browser v0.2.5
http://www.mimousenet.com/mimo/post