Old November 14th 03, 12:30 AM
Mary

"Luvskats00" wrote in message

How can I stop her from going on my bed. Can I teach her to use the
litterbox exclusively?

Absolutely the FIRST thing to do is to get this cat out of your
bedroom. Imight keep her in a bathroom with her current problems,
until she gets really used to going in her box. It is not cruel. It is
necessary for a cat with this problem. She has had vet care, but like
many cats, she simply prefers to eliminate in inappropriate places.
This might be okay--But NOT if it is your bed. Get her out of your
bedroom, in a small room with no carpeting, no bedding, except a bed
for her, if you have one, or just a blanket.

Problem 2: She doesn't keep food down. [snip]Supposedly, she DID

keep food down at the vet's
office AND at the month-long stay at the shelter. They fed her

Friskies. She
had 5 teeth extracted before I got her and one tooth extracted after

I got her.
Dry food isn't an option.

Have you tried giving her Friskies? If she kept it down, why mess with
what worked?
She may just be upset at the change, and her stomach will settle dow.
Again, you
have taken her to the vet, so that part is done.

Problem 3: My resident cat cries from the other side of the door.

Get both animals away from your bedroom. You have to sleep.

Perhaps she was given away because

she had these problems.

You bet. This sort of inappropriate elimination is very frustrating,
and
with some cats, very ingrained. I think you are a sweetheart to take
her
on, and I think you can probably solve her problem, but NOT while
she is in your bedroom. She needs time to settle in, and you need
your sleep in order to function.